Here in the Congo I wouldn't say that we have found a great many beautiful things. There are many beautiful people, but the land is not what you would call beautiful. It's the dry season and it may look different after the rains come, but thus far it's not a treat to the eyes.
However, it is midsummer and we have discovered one of the most beautiful sites in the world is here in midsummer.
THE RED TREES
They grow to be enormous.
.
They are everywhere and they are striking in their contrast to the brown dirt and the drab colors in the buildings and surrounding landscape.
The trunks are as interesting as their scarlet flowers.
This is what we lovingly (and exaggeratively) call "the park" in our neighborhood
One in "the park" that forms a canopy over many feet.
I have never seen anything prettier than these trees. Wish pictures could capture their magnificence.
We enjoy them so much. They will be remembered forever as a joy we found in the Congo.
3 comments:
Wow that really is beautiful! It is in stark contrast. Hope you are doing well. Thinking of you often.
Wow, those are gorgeous! Do you know what they are called? If they can grow there, they should be able to grow here, ya think? Maybe the Lord just put them there so the Congolese people could have beauty amidst all their poverty. Or maybe He just rewarded them with these trees because of their good hearts and because He loves them so much.
Brent & Lorraine!! You are both amazing! (Have I said that before?) I'm sure I'll tell you that many more times as I follow your blog! Blessings to you both!
Georgia
Post a Comment