Monday, November 30, 2009

Yo-Yo Days

O.K! So, I think that we're working hard and learning to adjust to whatever comes, and be content and happy here. And then today happens.
Sometimes you just have to VENT!
We cleaned our house in the early morning because we usually have power and water then. All went well and we sat down to cool off for a minute, after an hour of sweeping and mopping the floors, when the power went out. We knew that we were not going to be able to do what we planned today so, Plan B had to be made and put in effect. We made Plan B and got started, when the power came back on! Surprise! Yeah! Back to Plan A. All our original plans were back in place. Brent cleaned up and I worked on-line for a few minutes.
Then I went in to get ready for the day. It wasn't hair washing day, but with power and water for sure now, I thought I should wash it anyway, just in case tomorrow wasn't so good. "It never goes out again this soon!" was my thought. So, I got totally sudsy and when I went to rinse... almost NO WATER. Oh my word! I squeezed out just enough to rinse off and thought that I could live without water and just bake today. Plan C. I felt sad that I would have to tell Brent that we now had a water issue and that would be his new plan for the day. Then I reached for my blow dryer and the thought came --"Could it be that it's not just the water, but that the power was gone AGAIN and we could not pump the water?" YES! It could. Now I had wet hair, no hair dryer, there would be no cooking, no washing clothes, no internet work, etc. etc.
I think that you could hear the primeval scream clear into town! I did feel somewhat better and made Plan D. I had to do something with my hair. That was all the plan I was ready to make at this point. So, I found some plastic rollers that somebody left in the house and rolled my hair, hoping to make it look OK when it dried. Then I started thinking about our the next new plan for the day..........when...... the power returned.
We feel like we're riding on the power yo-yo . We now have lots of plans for the day and we're not sure any of them will happen. Such is Life in the Congo some days. Well! OK! Most days! So, it's on to Plan whatever!! VENTING does help!

2 comments:

Lincoln Farrell and Marilyn Barlow said...

Vent away, we hear ya.
So goes the pioneers! You are pioneers you know. The congo is like living back in the 1800s and therefore go the pioneers.

Unknown said...

Go GIRL!!! Sandy & I can't wait for each of the blogs to come. We feel your joy and excitement as you serve the Lord. Elder Holland's talk last Oct Conference stated that he was not there to touch the wounds of the resurrected Lord; sail with the brother of Jared;or weep with Mormon and Moroni but his testimony of the truth was the same. Our love of you and Brent is the same as your love to serve the Lord is so strong.